Sean Parker
BA (Hons) Illustration
London College of Communication
sean.parker.27@googlemail.com
(+44) 07985 773109

8.7.09

SCAFFOLD SANS







UPDATE //

Following my drawings and subsequent digital mock ups of the specimen font, the obvious next step was to introduce another dimension. Using just straws and some ropey string, I recreated the forms looking particularly at geometry and trying to stay true to the observational drawings that began the whole project.

These are indeed simple mock-ups but, jeez, they took a fucking while. The finicky rope-tying was tedious but I think the results will help me to realize the prospect of actually creating the typeface from scaffolding.

I may make a few more of these but I don't want to dwell because it is now important I move onto perspective and perhaps a slightly larger scale.







No comments: